Reliability Engineer - Caracas, Venezuela
- Languages: Ruby, JRuby, Go, Scala, Java, Bash.
- API development using Ruby Grape, Go, Akka, Rails.
- Experience building infrastructure atop of AWS.
- Infrastructure as code using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Configuration management experience with Ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in GitLab and AWS CodePipeline.
- Database experience using MySQL, PostgreSQL, and VoltDB.
Reliability Engineer at Full 360 Inc, November 2017 - Present
- Developed Terraform best practices for the company.
- Developed a new set of AWS AMIs using Packer and Ansible to comply with
internal security standards.
- Led efforts migrating internal infrastructure from CloudFormation to
Software Engineer at Full 360 Inc, June 2014 - November 2017
- Developed and maintained a caching layer to minimize the load on a clients
Mainframe; used by more than 12 million members on their loyalty program.
- Led efforts migrating a client microservice architecture to Nomad, Vault,
Consul, and Prometheus for metrics and alerting.
- Enforced standardization of different services by creating internal toolkits.
- Led efforts migrating a client VoltDB installation from version 3.7 to 6.8.
Writer and Developer at Codehero Blog, June 2013 - June 2014
- Led efforts on the blog migration from WordPress to Jekyll, for a faster and
cost effective blog.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to automate server provisioning which reduced the
manual process from over an hour to less than 20 minutes.
Android Developer at Aura Internacional, June 2013 - December 2013
- Leverage the company’s private vehicle tracking API in an Android app to
provide taxi drivers a solution to arrange pickups based in geolocation.
Full Stack at Cacao Servicios Tecnológicos, March 2012 - March 2013
- Developed internal scripts that analyzed Linux configurations to determine
common security flaws.
- Worked as part of the Solaris consultant team in two of the biggest telecoms
- Engineer’s Degree, Informática, at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello - 12'.
- Participant’s Certificate, System Administration for Solaris 10, Part 1,2 - 12'.