firstname.lastname@example.org / albertogrespan.com / github.com / Caracas, Venezuela
- Application development using Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Jekyll, Middleman, jQuery and Sass.
- Advanced Unix command line experience and version control system with Git.
- Remote server deployment using Capistrano and Mina.
- Infrastructure virtualization and app isolation using Docker.
Writer and Developer at Codehero Blog, June 2013 - Present
Codehero is a programming blog written in Spanish that was born to fill a gap about technical programming tutorials in that language. As of May 2014 the blog had more than 55000 visitors and more than 120000 Page Views monthly.
- Wrote over 40 tutorials about Git, Sinatra, Docker and Ruby on Rails.
- Led efforts on the blog migration from WordPress to Jekyll, for a faster, easier to maintain and modifiable, blog.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for app isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
Android Developer at Aura Internacional, June 2013 - December 2013
Aura International is a company that offers satellite vehicle tracking system with a core focus on truck fleets.
- Developed an Android app to provide taxi drivers a centralized solution to arrange pickups based on their location using the company private vehicle tracking API, over hundred new users the first month of adoption.
- Stabilized and documented the newly developed API to enable communications with the Android application.
Full Stack at Cacao Servicios Tecnológicos, March 2012 - March 2013
Cacao is a consulting agency focused on Linux and Solaris, helping others with capacity planning, security, automation and virtualization. They are Oracle, Red Hat and Nagios Partners in Venezuela, Panama and Costa Rica.
- Developed an Open Source Linux and Solaris exploring shell scripts that collects information about the OS to determine common security flaws, it was downloaded more than a hundred times on the week of release.
- Developed an internal tool that analyzed the output from the explorer scripts to determine common configuration and security flaws.
- Migrated the company site from Joomla to Rails, increasing developers efficiency when building internal tooling.
- Worked as part of the consultant team in two of the biggest telecoms in Venezuela, Telefónica and Movilnet.
- Crafted a Flask application skeleton integrating awesome tools and gathering more than 100 stars on GitHub.
- Created Carpetbomb, a Ruby Gem that handles Markdown and ERB templates in Rails, downloaded more than 1200 times since its release on september 2013.
- Many contributions to the Jekyll projects which led me be part of the Jekyll help team.
- Migrated the Venezuela Ruby users Group website, from Tumblr to Jekyll, for a more open community.
- Engineer’s Degree, Informatics, at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello - 12'.
- Participant's Certificate, System Administration for the Solaris 10 OS, Part 1,2 of 3 - 12'.